Amongst all the copious amounts of statistics and discussions out there about Social Media, it’s good to have an idea about what some of the facts are out there.
Granted, you could find all this information by digging around online but we though we’d help make it a little easier by compiling some useful information here:
1. Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
2. 96% of them have joined a social network
3. Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
4. Facebook has more than 500 million active users
5. 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
6. 65% of participants follow a company or brand on Facebook and 47% had posted a comment on a company Facebook page.
Thank you, Merci and Gracias to the following references/sources:
1. Source: http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/broker http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb/worldpopinfo.php [roughly 52% based on table data] | 2010 U.S. 310,232,863 | 2010 World 6,814,609,654 | 30 and under: 3,548,760,268 / 6,814,609,654 = 52% http://sasweb.ssd.census.gov/idb/worldpopinfo.html
2. Source: Grunwald Associates National Study – Trendsspotting Blog | Millenials Conference
3. Source: Hitwise Intelligence Heather Dougherty
4. Source: Facebook
5. Source: Facebook
6. Source: Invoke Solutions
7. Images source: Hitwise