We know there’s a silent war going on between Google + and Facebook. Heck Google + is implementing and pretty much offering things that Facebook made mistakes on.
Now that we’ve had the chance to play around with the business pages for Google + (which we’re liking by the way), we’re finding that the simplicity and ease of use is quite refreshing.
With that being said, I recently received an e mail from Facebook asking for feedback as a page admin.
One of my biggest gripes with Facebook is that their support is terrible. They provide areas for users to post questions and ask for help however, when it comes to someone actually answering the question or providing a solution from Facebook, you can forget about it!
In the past, when we’ve had a question we’ve simply by passed using their help section through Facebook. We’ve found other Facebook forums (not owned by Facebook) a lot more helpful and responsive. Many of which are from regular users like ourselves.
Which leads me to the next thought. Is Facebook feeling the pinch from Google +? Is it too little too late now from Facebook? Feels like some scrambling but then again they have over 700 million registered users?
In case you’re interested in what kind of questions the survey contained, here’s a sample:
- Based on your experience using Facebook Pages for your business, how likely are you to recommend Facebook Pages to a friend or colleague?
- Overall, how satisfied are you with your Facebook Page experience?
- Have you ever had a question about setting up, managing, or using your Facebook Page in general?
- The LAST TIME you had a question about setting up, managing, or using your Page in general, how did you find the answer?
- Overall, how satisfied are you with getting the answers to the Page questions you have?
The survey has been completed and submitted. Let’s see if I can help make a difference.
Anyone else get this survey? What are your thoughts?